Love Ararat, Dine Local
Ararat Rural City Council has received funding through the Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package to liven the experience of hospitality within Ararat Rural City.
The State Government’s package provides $250,000 for rural Councils to assist businesses in making the most of the COVID-19 restricted spaces and assist in economic recovery.
This funding will allow Ararat Rural City Council to create a more attractive outdoor dining destination by supporting businesses to serve customers on footpaths, streets, carparks and private land.
Local Businesses have been consulted when planning for the grant, to ensure that the funding went to where it was needed most and was relevant to our local businesses.
Council have also supported local businesses to make our street come alive. Decorative Dividers have been sourced through Gasons, heaters have been sourced through the local Harvey Norman store and local trades are being used wherever possible for installation.
Items/initiatives that will be supported through the State Government grant:
- Installation of banner flags along Barkly Street for promotion of seasonal events and tourism.
- Installation of festoon lighting across Barkly St
- Extra outdoor power points to provide opportunity for future events and extended dining activity
- Permeant decorative dividers to be installed at cafes, restaurants and hotels, designed and made locally
- Portable outdoor heaters purchased and on loan to businesses who participated in extended outdoor dining
- Cleaners retained for sanitising
- Absorption of fees and charges related to placing out door furniture, A-frames and signage on foot paths during 2020.
- Extra assistance to businesses through the application process
- Resource sharing and Training opportunities through ASBAS program – free to all local businesses.
- Busines and grant support with government links.
- Increased access and opportunity across hospitality sector to access Façade Grants and extended time frames to assist with COVID recovery.